Friday, November 11, 2011

32 Years And Counting

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It was on a fall Friday evening, 32 years ago today, that I first kissed my future bride. I remember the night like it was yesterday. I had my eye on Sharon from the beginning of the school year in '79 when I first saw her in the school lobby with all the other new sophomore girls. My friend, John Stryson and I would put on dances at the National Guard Armory in '79. It was at one of these dances that I noticed Sharon when she arrived at the dance with another guy.

It was always a challenge to get the kids out on the floor and that evening Sharon was the first on the floor, dancing with Paul Mueller. I used this as a very selfish, conceited way to get Sharon's attention. After their first dance, I approached her and said, "you get a prize for being the first one on the dance floor!" She said, "What is the prize?" to which I replied, "ME!!!" I can't believe she fell for it.

I then asked her if she wanted to sit with me behind the control board and she did. It didn't take long until we were dancing to a slow dance and that was when I made my move and kissed her for the first time!  The rest is history!

Sharon worked today so I cooked mashed potatoes for Johnny and shrimp scampi for me and Sharon.  I watched the CMA awards and went to bed by around 9:30.



Thursday, November 10, 2011

Today was an average day with Sharon getting a haircut and color in Lincoln.  When she got home we went downtown to see some of the retail open houses that were going on.  One in particular that we visited was at Merle's Flower Shop. It was decorated really cool and gave you the feeling of being in a magical winter wonderland.

Stopped and got some DQ on the way home and settled in for another quiet evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment