Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Golfing, Cooking & A Road Trip



My par putt on number 1.
Annie in the sidelines.
Lake Albert Lea already starting to freeze
An E-LAM pole at the plant.
Johnny's birthday cake.
Friday, November 18, 2011

The weather was amazing today. Since I will be leaving for Minnesota on Sunday afternoon, I took off early and headed to the golf course.  I played 5 holes and it was very enjoyable, scoring a bogie, par, par, double bogie, par. Not bad for not having swung a club since October.


Saturday, November 19, 2011

Saturday was project day. The weather was kind of cold so I focused on replacing the trim around the garage door and also adjusting it so it closes more smooth.  I also did a little more repair to the west door post of the garage door that got damaged by the Toyota a few months ago.

The Huskers played against Michigan at Ann Arbor, a game which Annie got to travel to with the band and color guard. Even though the stadium holds over 110,000 people, there were no seats for the band and they had to stand on the sidelines for the entire game.  The Omaha World Herald pointed out this fact by printing a full spread photo from the game, in which Annie can be seen on the sideline.

I also made pizza crusts and boiled fresh brussel sprouts cut off the spear from Trader Joe's.


Sunday, November 20, 2011

After packing and exercising in the morning, I left for Albert Lea, MN around noon, arriving in Albert Lea at 5:00...a new record!  The drive was uneventful and boring which this time of year is a good thing. Met Bart from the laminating plant and Dan our sales rep for dinner at the Green Mill restaurant then off to bed.


Monday, November 21, 2011

Johnny turned 17 today!!! I can't believe our youngest is 17.... that's how old I was when I met Sharon (yikes).

The day started with a nice walk / jog on a trail that runs along Lake Albert Lea. Met John from Alamco and Dan for breakfast then it was over to the laminating plant to accompany customers from Iowa on a plant tour. Three customers from the Iowa Municipal Utility Association came up for the tour.

Finished up the tour around 12:00 and was on the road south. I stopped in Des Moines to grab a bite to eat at the Cheesecake Factory.  While I was there I picked up a 7" Godiva dark chocolate cheesecake for Johnny's birthday.

Got home about 6:00 and cleaned up the kitchen before Sharon got home around 7:00.  Visited with Annie a bit after she got off work as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment