Thursday, November 3, 2011

Kittys & Pigs

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Started our day as usual with a brisk power walk around town before the rain and sleet arrived. What made this morning special was something we encountered on Lincoln Street between 4th & 5th. As we were walking along we heard the loud meow of a kitty who was running as fast as it could to catch up with us. I should mention here that Sharon and Annie have been praying for another kitty to join the family. Basically if your wife and daughter are asking God for something, you (I) really have no choice in it because you are outnumbered.

Sharon picked it up right away and said "My new kitty!!!"  I asked her to put it down and see if it follows us.  Sure enough it followed us all the way up 5th street to North Avenue where we picked it up to carry it across the highway.  Once home we put it in the garage where it ate and drank like a horse then curled up for a nap.  If we don't see any lost kitty notices in the paper we will adopt her.

The weather was a blustery mix of rain and sleet, with temperatures dipping into the 20's over night. When I got home from work the house smelled glorious. Sharon was cooking a pork roast in a Dutch oven on the stove top (see recipe below). It was, without a doubt, the MOST delicious pork I have ever had in my life!!! I had to force myself to stop or I think I would have eaten all 4 pounds of it!

Watched the X-Factor and was in bed by 10:00!

Sharon's Amazing Roasted Pork
Brown shoulder roast in oil. Add onion & lots of fresh garlic. Cook on low heat for 15 min, add more garlic, salt, pepper, dried oregano, chipotle chilie pwdr, onion flakes, Carrots, potatoes, & 2c. H20. Simmer turning the roast every 20 min. Add more hot h20 as needed. 1 hour before serving spread 1/3 c brn sugar on top of roast.

No comments:

Post a Comment